"Dintre Brazi” Church (“Between the Firs”)
"Dintre Brazi" Church is the oldest Romanian place of worship of Sibiu, its name coming from the firs surrounding the building. The edifice was built during 1778-1788 in baroque style, on a land donated for this purpose by the Empress Maria Terezia, on the request of Bishop Grigore Maior. The funding of the construction was also done by Bishop Grigore Maior.
The idea to build a Romanian church on the exterior side of the fortification of Sibiu is older, belonging to Bishop Inochentie Micu-Klein (1734).
The edifice is a church consisting of a hall supporting a dome on an oval shaped tambour. Both the façade and the interior have baroque elements such as massive columns, pilasters and shell motif.
The altar piece was painted by Joseph Neuhäuser in 1795.
It the cemetery of the church there are numerous funerary monuments, declared historical monuments, of prominent personalities of the Romanian Transylvanian culture: George Bariţiu, Alexandru Papiu-Ilarian, David Urs, Ioan Raţiu, Iosif Sterca-Şuluţiu.
The titular saints of this Church are the Saint Apostles Peter and Paul.