Places
The manor, as well as the whole village, belonged to the Apafi noble family. In the 18th century, when they had no more heirs, the manor has been taken over by the Bethlen noble family. Throughout time, the Apafi house has been changing its shape and was several times renovated in 1830 the owner of the time, Graf Haller. In 1920 the manor was transfered to the Saxon community, then transformed into the cultural house of the village, then seized by communists in 1949.
After discovering in the archives of the Hungarian state several detailed inventories that marked the changes brought to the Mâlâncrav estate between 1679 and 1778, German architect Jan Hulsemann and contractors Fritz Klutsch and Ernst Linzing brought the manor back to its original 18th century aspect, using traditional techniques and materials. Once the architecture and finishes were restored, British designer David Mlinaric was in charge of the interior design, respecting the same spirit: most of the objects inside the rooms of the manor – weave work, lace work, furniture pieces and ironware – are of local provenience, either originally found inside the manor, or brought from the nearby villages.
(c): https://www.experiencetransylvania.ro/guesthouse/malancrav-apafi-manor/
Strada Livezii, Mălâncrav 557117, Romania
On the place where the brewery stands, there was an earlier distillery, built around 1740 by a group of Saxons from Cisnadie. In 1782, the doctor Ioan Piuariu-Molnar bought it raised a new building in the backyard, in which he installed knitting and weaving machines, with all the opposition of the Saxon guilds in Cisnădie and Sibiu.
After his death, his son sold the property. Between 1912 and 1913, the brewery was built in the same yard, and became known as Thomas Binder & Sons Brewery.
The owner's ambitions were great: the factory was equipped with imported boilers, and he hired experienced workers from Bohemia. At the beginning, the brewery produced 10000 hl of blonde beer called Rex and black beer called Bock. I time, the production increased, but the building was damaged during the First World War.
In 1948, the Romanian State nationalized the brewery and changed its name to Bere Sadu. Its production reached 220.000 hl per year. In 1995, the brewery was again privatized, and produced beer until 2000, when it was finally closed.
Here are some of the beers produced over time: Cibin (11º), Binder (12º), Trei Stejari (12,5º), Sadu (13º), Dumbrava (16º), Porter black (20º).
Three Oaks, Sibiu, Romania
Open
După o lungă perioadă de pregătire, am deschis pentru public Galeria Turismului Montan, o expoziție tematică care acoperă 150 de ani de turism montan în Carpați. Vă așteptăm la Cârțișoara, nr. 420 (pe Transfăgărășan), de Marți până Duminică între orele 10-18. Pentru vizitare ne puteți contacta la tel. 0722491435
Cartisoara, nr. 420, Cârțișoara 557075, Romania
Since 2005, in the heart of the Făgăraş Mountains, is built yearly, the most distinguished hotel of Romania, the Ice Hotel. After months of planning, the Ice Hotel is built by the skilled craftsmen from Mureş County, who can be nicknamed ice-makers. The hotel is fully snow-covered and the ice blocks extracted from the largest glacier lake of the Fagaras Mountains, Bâlea Lake. So, in order to be lasting, the craftsmen use ice blocks that reach the size of 70 centimeters and weigh almost 70 pounds. But the working conditions are harsh and hard to endure. Temperatures are often below zero degrees and viscole is the most worthy enemy to which the builders are able to handle. In this northern atmosphere a new hotel is born every year, from materials offered only by nature. In less than a month, ice artists manage to raise a home for winter lovers, and their work is rewarded by visiting tourists, with over 8,000 guests annually. The Ice Hotel is the result of months of planning and work culminating in a unique hotel, resilient for a short period of the year, but that leaves amazing rewards for both founders and guests. Each year here you will find a new theme that will make your experience even more spectacular. The themes are transposed and brought to life by the ideas and creativity of the sculptors, who manage to transform the Ice Hotel into a unique one.
Bâlea Lake, Romania
Open
Muzeu de artă new media în Sibiu.
Pregătește-te pentru o experiență imersivă de neuitat.
Program de vizitare
Luni – Duminică: 10:00 – 22:00
Ultima oră de acces: 21:00
Închiderea instalațiilor și evacuarea spațiului se face la ora 22:00
BILETE AICI
• Copii sub 3 ani au acces gratuit. Peste vârsta de 3 ani toți vizitatorii achită biletul întreg.
• Valabilitate bilete: Biletul este valabil 30 de zile de la data achiziției.
• Biletul asigură un singur acces general pentru o persoană în toate încăperile vizitabile ale Immersive Museum Sibiu și la toate instalațiile și experiențele existente în program în ziua în care se realizează vizita. Durata vizitei este limitată doar de programul de închidere a muzeului în ziua intrării. Valabilitatea biletului încetează în momentul părăsirii spațiului IMS.
Strada Nicolae Bălcescu 13, Sibiu, Romania
Open
Regardless of the season, the mountain trails from the heart of Făgăraș Mountains open up to marvellous vistas.
Located at an altitude of 2034 m, Bâlea Lake sits next to Romania’s highest mountaintops.
During winter, one of the very few ice castles in Europe is built here at Bâlea Lake to accommodate you.
Bâlea Lake, Romania
O livadă biodiversă
Nu știm câte livezi din România se pot mândri cu astfel de cifre: peste 215 specii de plante, 100 de specii de păsări şi 30 de specii de mamifere.
În satul Mălâncrav din județul Sibiu se află livada de 108 hectare, menţionată din sec. XVII, în care cresc soiuri vechi de meri, peri, pruni şi nuci.
Livada a fost abandonată după anul 1990, ajungând în pragul distrugerii. MET a refăcut colecţia de pomi fructiferi, a reabilitat livada şi vechea fabrică de procesare a sucului.
A fost introdusă o tehnologie ecologică de cultivare a pomilor şi procesare a fructelor, livada obţinând certificare ecologică. În prezent, fabrica produce anual circa 20.000 litri de suc 100% ecologic.
Sucul este comercializat în restaurante, magazine și târguri tradiţionale. Livada asigură sătenilor locuri de muncă permanente sau sezoniere.
Livada găzduiește o pepinieră cu soiuri vechi transilvănene de pomi fructiferi, aflate pe cale de dispariţie, asigurând o bază de puieţi şi altoiuri fermierilor şi contribuind la susţinerea agriculturii tradiţionale.
#MET20
#ConstruimPeTrecutPentruUnViitorSustenabil
#DezvoltareaAntreprenoriatuluiLocal
*sursa: https://www.facebook.com/MihaiEminescuTrust/
Ridicată în Valea Seacă la limita de jos a pădurii fiind alcătuită din chilii, construcții gospodărești și Biserica cu hramul Sfinții Apostoli Petru și Pavel.
Din Transfăgărășan, la nici 2 km spre est se poate ajunge la porțile acestui loc sihastru de închinare și liniște.
Cârțișoara 557075, Romania
Open
From Rășinari to Săliște, Poiana Sibiului and Jina, in the Mărginime villages time moves slower and the air smells like freshly mown grass. The natives live by rules unchanged for many generations, leading their flocks of sheep to pasture and doing the daily household chores. The country has thus kept alive its cultural heritage and its identity.
For tourists, Mărginime means a foray into a pastoral landscape long since gone in Western Europe. With its farmers’ homes where you can taste exquisite cheese, with its cattle trails and mountain crests that reach to the skies, in Mărginimea Sibiului you literally find yourself near a low foothill, at heaven’s doorsill.
Mărginimea Sibiului concentrates most of Romania’s old traditions and authentic spirit.
Photo and Text SOURCE: http://www.sibiu-turism.ro/Destinations-Tourist-regions-Marginimea-Sibiului.aspx
Mărginimea Sibiului (Săliște, Sibiel, Fântânele, Rășinari, Tilișca, Sadu, Râu Sadului, Rod, Poiana Sibiului, Orlat, Jina, Gura Râului, Galeș, Boița, Tălmăcel)
Open
The mission of the ASTRA Museum is, for more than 100 years, to connect the audience with traditional values, through continuous change to the cultural needs of the society. Whether we are talking about Romanian, Saxon, other minority or even extra-European heritage, the ASTRA Museum is the keeper and the provider of the authentic values to the community. Although its profile is ethnographic, the mission of the ASTRA Museum goes beyond the exclusive promotion of the traditional, becoming a true cultural promoter at the fusion between old and new, traditional and modern, national and global. To remain relevant to its audience, ASTRA Museum invests in programs meant to improve the cultural life of the community and encourage people to turn tradition into an active part of their daily lives. It has four museums with an extremely rich heritage varied regarding the geographical origin but also of the message it carries, the central goal of the ASTRA Museum is to represent a standard of good practices in Romanian and international museology.
[Image]
Successor and keeper of the heritage and values of ”The Museum of the Association”, ”The Museum of Transylvanian Civilization ASTRA”, integral part of the ”C.N.M. ASTRA”, brings to its visitors, the charming world of the multiethnic Transylvania. A simple walk through the 96 hectares of ”The ASTRA Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization”, reveals to visitors an image of rural life throughout our country, exhibited in over 400 houses, household annexes and technical installations.
”Emil Sigerus – The Museum of Saxon Ethnography”, curator of Saxon culture and civilization in Transylvania, successor of the Carpathian Museum, has the most important ethnographic collections with a Saxon profile, with the name of the great personality, with significant merits in this field, Emil Sigerus.
”Franz Binder – The Museum of Universal Ethnography” is the only museum in Romania with the profile of capitalizing on extra-European heritage. Being in conservation for the moment, the museum defines its vision as an anthropological museum of world cultures, meant to understand the social phenomena of contemporary society.
”The ASTRA Center for Heritage”, with its facilities, solves the issue of conservation and restoration on all types of support, based on solid theoretical and practical knowledge. Saving heritage requires dedication, understanding, knowledge and perseverance in the process of conservation and restoration the objects and monuments that are physical, chemical and biological degraded.
”The Conservation and Restoration Training Center” – represents a substructure within the ASTRA Museum which has two essential missions among the museum functions. The first involves the preventive conservation of collections, and the second, the professional development of those who contribute to the preservation of cultural heritage.
“ASTRA Museum” – publishing house, was established in 1995, continuing and developing the publication of monographs and periodicals initiated in 1966 by the specialized team led by Cornel Irimie, founder of the Open Air Museum in Dumbrava Sibiului.
Strada Pădurea Dumbrava 16-20, Sibiu, Romania
7 events
Open
Inaugurated in 2007, within “Friedrich Teutsch” Culture and Dialogue Centre, the A.C. Evangelic Church Museum of Romania presents a panorama of the Augustan Confession (Lutheran) Evangelic Church history in Romania, as well as a of the community and religious life of the Transylvanian Saxons.
Located on the 1st floor of Teutsch House, on a surface of approximately 400 sm, the permanent exhibition is structured in chronological and thematic sections as follows:
- Arrival of German colonists in Transylvania;
- Fortified churches of the Transylvanian Saxons;
- Lutheran Protestant reform;
- Community life joined by the church;
- Church and school, priests and masters;
- Sacral art;
- From counter-reforms to the watershed of the millennia.
The exhibition ends with a glimpse to the future from the perspective of the situation occurred after 1990: the Church in diaspora.
The treasury of the museum included works of the most famous goldsmiths of Transylvania.
A particular attraction is the special collection of dolls dressed in festive Transylvanian Saxon costumes that differ according to geographical region and wearer’s age.
Strada Mitropoliei, Nr. 30, Sibiu
Closed
The Museum of Hunting is named after one of the important personalities of the city of Sibiu in the late 19th and the early 20th centuries: Colonel August von Spiess, the Keeper of the Royal Hunting under the King Ferdinand I of Romania.
The Museum opened as the first of its profile on the national level, in the year 1966, being accommodated in the Von Spiess residence, donated on this porpoise by the Colonel’s daughters.
The collection comprises about 1600 items.
The Museum courtyard in the back of the building was arranged to serve as a relaxation open space for the visitors and a proper environment for ecological education of children as it hosts many species of plants, a dog, fishes and a tortoise.
Str. Şcoala de Înot, Nr. 4, Sibiu, România
Open
The ASTRA Transylvanian Civilization Museum, founded in 1993, is the treasurer of the patrimony values inherited from the “Society” Museum (founded in 1905, by the Transylvanian Society for the Culture and Literature of the Romanian People and dissolved, according to a communistic dictate, in 1950).
The museum has a patrimony of 9.002 items registered under the emblem “A”, divided into six collections: 6.523 embroideries, 1.025 costume-textiles, 567 objects of worship, 539 wood, bone, iron, 330 ceramic and 18 dolls.
The collections increased, in the final half of the century, having today 30.138 items, of which: 8.740 costume-textiles, 9.884 embroideries, 3.960 ceramic, 4.147 objects of worship, 3.407 wood, bone, iron.
Over the years, these patrimony values were presented at various exhibitions organized in the country and abroad, until the closing of the folk art Exhibition of Brukenthal Palace, in 1990.
ASTRA Transylvanian Civilization Museum is imagined as a multi-ethnic and interdisciplinary museum and its purpose is to define the multicultural aspect of a European region with a multi-secular pluri-ethnical cohabitation, as well as the emphasis of these European community and ethnic particular values.
ASTRA Transylvanian Civilization Museum initiated and applied the modern concept of „museum vivum”, with the purpose of saving, preserving and capitalizing the folk culture.
Thus, under the phrase Live Human Treasures, the museum organizes the Fair of Folk Creators of Romania, the National Olympics „Traditional artistic crafts”, the National Festival of Traditions, the National Festival of Folk Heritage and Customs, the National Toys Fair, the Potters Fair (in collaboration with the National Centre for the Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Cultures) etc.
At the same time, ASTRA Transylvanian Civilization Museum organizes temporary exhibitions in the halls of „Hermes House” and „House of Arts”.
Muzeul Civilizației Translivane ASTRA, str. Pădurea Dumbrava, nr. 16
Open
PROGRAM DE VIZITARE:
PALATUL BRUKENTHAL
MUZEUL DE ISTORIE-CASA ALTEMBERGER
MUZEUL DE ISTORIE NATURALĂ
MUZEUL DE ARTĂ CONTEMPORANĂ
Luni – Marţi: ÎNCHIS
Miercuri - Duminică: 9-17, casieria se închide la ora 16:15 (Palatul Brukenthal, Muzeul de Istorie), respectiv 16:30 (Muzeul de Istorie Naturală, Muzeul de Artă Contemporană).
Muzeul Cinegetic „August von Spiess” și Muzeul de Istorie a Farmaciei rămân ÎNCHISE pentru o perioadă nedeterminată.
Cele două locații se deschid pentru grupuri de minim 10 persoane cu programare, cu 24 h înainte, la adresa de e-mail: secretariat@brukenthalmuseum.ro.
Vă mulțumim pentru înțelegere!
PROGRAM BIBLIOTECĂ
Anunț!
Având în vedere faptul că biblioteca Muzeului Național Brukenthal se află în proces de inventariere, programul sălii de lectură pe parcursul anului 2026 va fi în fiecare zi de joi a săptămânii, în intervalul orar 10:00–14:00, doar cu programare prealabilă cu minimum 5 zile lucrătoare înainte, la adresa de e-mail: secretariat@brukenthalmuseum.ro
Vă mulțumim pentru înțelegere!
Muzeul de Artă Contemporană al Muzeului Naţional Brukenthal este adăpostit de o clădire cu valoare arhitectonică şi istorică, datată 1901, care de-a lungul timpului a adăpostit diverse instituţii de cultură, astăzi redefinindu-se treptat ca o secţiune exclusiv destinată artei contemporane.
Muzeul de Artă Contemporană al Muzeului Naţional Brukenthal menţine o poziţie importantă în zona spaţiilor de promovare a artei contemporane româneşti, reprezentând o puternică alternativă la tendinţa unică susţinută de Muzeul Naţional de Artă Contemporană din Bucureşti, având un caracter orientat spre public, spre o selecţie şi o prezentare cât mai liberă şi mai inovatoare a expoziţiilor.
Începând din anul 2014, spațiului destinat expozițiilor temporare aflat la parterul clădirii, i s-a adăugat depozitul vizitabil de artă contemporană, amenajat la etajul I și etajul al doilea al clădirii iar în anul 2019 a fost deschisă o nouă sală de expoziții temporare.
Depozitul vizitabil promovează un concept mai puțin cunoscut în România. Piesele sunt prezentate deopotrivă în manieră specifică depozitării (în special lucrările de pictură) cât și liber.
La momentul definitivării procesului de amenajare, pe coridoarele clădirii puteau fi admirate 34 de piese de mari dimensiuni – sculpturi în bronz, lemn și piatră, iar în sala situată la etajul I erau expuse 205 de picturi, 15 tapiserii și 95 de piese tridimensionale.
La etajul al II-lea se află o sală cu perete de sticlă, ce oferă vizitatorului posibilitatea unei perspective de ansamblu asupra depozitului situat la etajul I.
Strada Tribunei 6, Sibiu, Romania
1 event
Open
"Emil Sigerus” Saxons Folk Art and Ethnography Museum is one of the units of "ASTRA" National Museum Compound, founded in 1997, along with the opening of the fundamental exhibition “Transylvanian Tiles. 15th – 19th centuries.”, with the purpose of preserving and promoting the material and immaterial patrimony belonging to the Transylvanian Saxons minority.
"Emil Sigerus" Saxons Folk Art and Ethnography Museum took over the ethnographic patrimony owned by the Carpathian Museum (1895-1920). An important role in the improvement of the museum patrimony was that of collector Emil Sigerus, who donated over 500 valuable items, including textiles, painted furniture, glass, tin, silverware, but especially Transylvanian ceramics. The patrimony of "Emil Sigerus" Museum currently has over 8.900 pieces, structured in three collections: ceramics, costumes – textiles – embroideries and painted furniture.
Since 2007, the headquarters of the museum operates inside the House of Arts, rehabilitated historic monument, documented mention in 1370.
Piaţa Mică, Nr. 21, Sibiu, România
Inaugurated in 1993, the "Franz Binder" Museum is the first and single museum of extra-European ethnography in Romania. The museum is organised in a historical monument building, built in the Neo-Gothic style between 1865 and 1867, initially as the headquarters for the Small Craftsmen Association and having various other functions over time. After its restoration in 1989 it became the headquarters of the "Franz Binder" Museum.
The collections of the "Franz Binder" Museum (approx. 3000 exhibits) are divided into “old” ethnographic collections composed of exhibits donated during the second half of the 19th century and “new” collections which entered in the museum’s patrimony after 1990.
The oldest collections are among the most valuable ones. They come from various parts of the world – the African continent being widely represented – and they were mainly collected on the field by members of the local and regional community and then donated to the Sibiu Association of Natural Sciences in Ardeal.
Closed
The Pharmacy History Museum was opened for visitation in 1972, its foundation being based on the long history of the pharmacy in Sibiu, because the first pharmacy on the Romanian territory was documented here (1494).
The building of the museum is located in the Small Square at no. 26, representing an architectural historic monument that contains gothic and renaissance elements, dating since 1568. This building housed one of the oldest pharmacies of Sibiu, La Ursul Negru (At the Black Bear), founded around the year 1600.
The collections of the museum include over 6.600 pieces that present the evolution of medication and pharmaceutical techniques over the years.
The sectors with exhibits of the museum are divided as follows:
Dispensary – the traditional component of a pharmacy, where the medicinal products are displayed. The furniture of the room was manufactured in Vienna in 1902 and it belonged to the old pharmacy La Vulturul Negru (At the Black Eagle) of Sibiu.
Laboratory – where the following are displayed: medical balances, brass, cast iron and marble mortars, crushing and pulverizing machines, pieces for tablets and suppositories, percolators for medicinal plants tinctures, ceramic and metallic containers, melting pots, measuring tin cups, sieves, filters and laboratory glassware.
The Collection of Homeopathy exemplifies the homeopathic therapy tradition in Sibiu, Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of the therapeutic doctrine, lived and was active in Sibiu between 1777 and 1779, as physician and secretary of Baron Samuel von Brukenthal, Governor of Transylvania.
The Collection includes over 2.900 pieces, namely kits and bottles of homeopathic recipes, which were taken over from the former apothecary La Înger (At the Angel) in Sibiu.
Muzeul de Farmacie, Piața Mică, Nr. 26 Ground Floor, Sibiu, România
Open
The History Museum is accommodated by the Altemberger-Pempfflinger House, located on 2nd Mitropoliei Street, headquarters of the City Hall of Sibiu during 1545 and 1948. The ten wings of the building, plus a guard tower, represent the most impressive civil gothic architecture ensemble of Romania and even of South-Eastern Europe. The construction was built by the team led by the stonemason Andreas Lapicida, at the end of the 15th century, upon the guidance of Thomas Altemberger. The oldest part is the tower-house, its construction being initiated at the end of the 13th century.
The exhibitions that can be seen here are structured as follows:
- Evolution of human communities of the South of Transylvania, displaying the day to day life during the Palaeolithic, offering an image of life in caves, cottages, households, Roman villa, medieval house;
- Glass in Transylvania and Guilds of Sibiu, depicting human activities from wind processing to specialized production of the guilds;
- Roman lapidary and the Magistrate of Sibiu, evoking the social status and dignity of the leader;
- Weapons and armours, indicating other essential aspects of human existence in these places, such as war or the ritual aspect of religion;
- Thesaurus, containing liturgical silverware pieces.
The touristic exhibition circuit ends with the presentation of the national emancipation movement of the Southern Transylvania, displaying events during the 17th and the 20th centuries.
Casa Altemberger - Muzeul de Istorie, Strada Mitropoliei, Nr. 2, Sibiu, România
Open
The natural history museum was founded in 1849, at the initiative of the Natural Sciences Transylvanian Society, society constituted with the purpose of spreading its discoveries to the community and educating the younger generation about the knowledge and preservation of nature.
The headquarters of the Natural Sciences Transylvanian Society was built according to the project of the Architect C.W. Friedrich Maetz of Cluj, the festive inauguration taking place on May 25th, 1895. The building was built in the late Italian Renaissance style, having three stories (underground, ground floor and first floor).
The collections of the museum integrate approximately 1.100.000 pieces from different domains such as geology, palaeontology, botany and zoology. We can see here: the herbarium of J. Lerchenfeld (17th century); the herbarium of M. Fuss (1834-1882); the ornithological collection of F. W. Stetter (1853), including indigenous and exotic birds; the ethnographic collection of Palestine, Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia of the vice-consul Franz Binder; the Ackner minerals collection; the entomological collection of Dr. Eugen Worell (1957), including insects from Europe, Africa, America and Asia; the butterflies collection of Weindel (1965); the insects collection of H. Hannenheim (1964); the Breckner paleontological collection (1955), mainly including shark teeth of the tertiary collected from Porceşti region (Turnu Roşu); the Nyárádi botany collection (1980); the mineral collection of Dr. E. Bielz (1953); Kimakowicz malacology collection.
Since December 21st, 2007, the Natural History Museum of Sibiu displays the most modern natural history exhibition of Romania, the new configuration conferring a special importance to the diorama exhibition, the pieces being displayed in order to reproduce the habitat of each animal within an ecosystem.
The garden was set up as a relaxation area for the visitors, but also as an area where one can see common and rare species of plants, such as trees and ornamental scrubs.
Str. Cetăţii, Nr. 1, Sibiu
În clădirea principală a Centralei hidroelectrice de mica putere Sadu I, la 19 septembrie 1996, cu ocazia aniversării unui secol de la punerea sa în funcţiune, a fost inaugurat Muzeul Energetic Sadu I, care cuprinde exponate din domeniul producerii, transportului şi distribuţiei energiei electrice din zona Sibiului. Muzeul- un prețios lăcaș de istorie a electro-energeticii românești- este amenajat la etaj, în fostele locuinţe ale personalului care îşi desfăşurase activitatea în centrală.
În cele trei săli sunt expuse obiecte care evocă istoricul Uzinei Electrice de la Sadu I: în prima prima sală, „Cronos”, se găsesc panouri reprezentând diferite faze ale construcţiei, iniţiatorii, finanţatorii şi constructorii (Carl Wolf, Partenie Cosma, Oskar von Miller), alături de utilaje, schițe, documente şi acte, lămpi folosite la iluminatul public în primii ani ai secolului trecut, dar și exponate ce relevă idei de utilizarea curentului electric în diferite momente ale secolului XX (imagini surprinse din etape ale unor proiecte considerate drept îndrăznețe pentru perioada interbelică, cum ar fi tramvaiul electric de la Sibiu, utilizarea energiei electrice în agricultură, centrale telefonice, ceasuri electrice, ș.a.); sala a doua, intitulată „Vulcan”, ne introduce în atmosfera epocii, aici găsindu-se biroul directorului, birouri ale angajaţilor, echipamente de protecţie şi întreţinere, un spațiu destinat instrumentelor utilizate în birourile de proiectare ale acelor timpuri, fotografii de epocă; în fine, în cea de-a treia şi ultima sală, „Hermes”, sunt etalate materiale care evocă amenajarea hidrocentralei Sadu V (planuri, proiecte, macheta în relief a văii, șantierul, uzina).
Sigmund Dachler a fost inginerul care a asigurat o bună perioadă de timp buna funcţionare a respectivului obiectiv industrial.
Open
Muzeul deține o colecție generoasă de păpuși îmbrăcate în porturi românești, săsești și țigănești, acestea fiind principala atracție. Încă de la intrare se pot observa câteva exponate așezate pe pervazul unui geam. Încăperea unde se află obiectele tradiționale este împărțită în două parți și anume, partea săsească și partea românească. „Am colecționat tot mai mult pentru că aveam senzația că dispare o lume, o lume veche, o lume a regulilor și a disciplinei” spune doamna Maria. Majoritatea obiectelor provin de pe Valea Hârtibaciului și din satul Săsăuș, satul de proveniență al colecționarei.
Muzeul poate fi găsit pe Calea Gușteriței, nr. 54 B, iar intrarea este gratuită pentru oricine dorește să facă o mică incursiune în vremuri cu un farmec aparte și este curios să afle povești atât din viața comunității românești, cât și din cea săsească. Programul de vizitare este zilnic între orele 10-12 și 15-19, însă familia Drăgan este dispusă și dornică să primească vizitatori și în afara orarului.
sursa foto: Răzvan Negru
sursa text
Calea Gușteriței 54, Sibiu, România
The Brukenthal Museum is a special institution because it is the first museum established in Romania and Central Europe, in 1817. It owes its existence to one of the most important personalities in Transylvania: Baron Samuel von Brukenthal, the governor of the province in the second half of the eighteenth century.
The Brukenthal Palace and the Baron's collections are the core of today's Brukenthal National Museum, its gates opened to the public since its founding by the testament of its founder.
A visit to the museum is not limited to a single building and to a unique specialization: it becomes a journey presenting multiple aspects of the past and the present, in their metamorphosis. A metamorphosis mirrored into a wide array of objects displayed on 10,000 m2 of exhibitions, of which 5,500 represent new and recently refurbished spaces.
Initially displaying the European painting collection of Baron Samuel von Brukenthal in a single building, today the museum hosts a great diversity of valuable collections in nine buildings. Five of them are palaces built at different times: the earliest building (with foundation elements from the 13th century) is part of the architectural complex hosting the History Museum, while the latest is from 1901, hosting the Contemporary Art Gallery.
Piața Mare, Sibiu, Romania
1 event
A fost deschis în anul 1969 și prezintă obiecte și cărți care au aparținut blibliotecii cărturarului autodidact Badea Cârțan. A fost și rămâne nu numai luminatul nostru consătean, al țăranilor din Streza și Oprea Cîrțișoara a Țării Oltului, ci și un remarcabil reprezentant al celor care au luptat pentru întregimea neamului, idee izvorâtă „din conștiința originii și limbii comune poporului român așezat pe ambele versante ale Carpaților” dintre Tisa și Dunăre.
Având la îndemână bogata zestre material - culturala - populară, lăsată de înaintași, prin strădania dl. Traian Cînduleț, în cadrul primei ediții a festivalului „Cibinium” din anul 1968, ajutat fiind de regretatul preot Scorobet Liviu, de Blendea Gheorghe fost primar, și Neagoe Rodion tehnician veterinar, a luat ființă muzeul sătesc. În el sunt expuse și diferite genuri ale artei populare locale, ca: ceramică, pictura pe sticlă, lăzi rudărești de zestre, produse ale fostei manufacturi de sticlă de la Glajărie.
Obiectele expuse la muzeu, o partea au fost donate de locuitorii comunei, iar o bună parte achiziționate prin efortul material al lui Traian Cînduleț.
O altă personalitate a comunei prezentă în câteva fotografii expresive din cadrul muzeului este haiducul Andrei Budac.
Într-una din încăperile muzeului regăsim o valoroasă colecție de icoane pe sticlă ale iconarului local Matei Țâmforea.
În curtea muzeului s-a transferat din altă parte a satului, o gospodărie țărănească ce datează de la mijlocul sec. al XIX-lea. Casa țărănească are trei încăperi: tindă, casa dinainte și celarul, fiecare încăpere fiind dotată cu mobilierul specific bunei sale funcționalități de la vremea respectivă.
Șura are patru despărțituri: șușopul, unde se află cotețele pentru porci și locul de acces al animalelor la grajd, grajdul, loc de adăpost al animalelor mari pe timp de iarnă (bivoli, vaci, cai). A treia despărțitură este șura unde se păstrează uneltele mari pentru munca câmpului: carul, plugul, grapă, roțile etc, iar ultima despărțitură se numește felderă, loc pentru adăpostul oilor pe timp de iarnă.
Ambele construcții au acoperișul în patru ape și sunt acoperite cu paie din secară. Un astfel de acoperământ, dacă e bine făcut, durează cca. 20 de ani.
Muzeul reprezintă un omagiu înaintașilor fiind o istorie vie a luptei pentru afirmare națională a personalităților acestei comune precum și a dezvoltării sociale de la mijlocul sec. al XIX-lea până la începutul sec. XX.
Cârțișoara 557075, Romania
Once called "the Transylvania Eden Garden", this baroque estate was built in the end of the 18th century by Governor Samuel von Brukenthal. This little paradise garden with the enchanted palace is situated in the small town Avrig, at the foot of the Fagaras Mountains.
Str. Gheorghe Lazar 39, Avrig, Romania, 555200
Closed
The Brukenthal Palace is a symbol of Sibiu City, being the first museum of Romania, open to visitors since 1817. Its existence is due to prominent personalities of Transylvania’s history – Baron Samuel von Brukenthal – Governor of this province in the second half of the 18th century (1777-1787). The palace was built after the pattern of Vienna’s palaces in the late baroque style.
Currently, the palace building and the collections of Baron Samuel von Brukenthal represent the core of Brukenthal National Museum.
On the first floor of the museum, the visitor is introduced into the atmosphere of the 18th century of the reception Rooms, where the original silk tapestry, painted canvas or oriental motifs decorated board, tile stoves brought from Vienna and gilded lime-wood sculpted medallions (called supraporte) are still preserved. The following exhibitions can be visited: Medieval Art in Transylvania, Anatolian Carpets, as well as the segment with German and Austrian Paintings of the European painting collection.
On the second floor of the museum we find other two important segments of the mentioned collection: Flemish and Dutch Painting and Italian Painting. In 2007 the special exhibition entitled Masterpieces of the Brukenthal collection was inaugurated, which includes 23 works that were recovered after being confiscated in 1948 and stolen in 1968.
The patios of the Brukenthal Palace were open to visitation in 2008, accommodating the exhibitions of the Plates Study and Cartography Study, as well as the Gessoes Exhibition, Transylvanian stone sculpture during the 13th and 19th centuries and Gothic: neo-gothic experience vs. the illuminist pattern.
Muzeul Brukenthal, Piața Mare, Nr. 4-5, Sibiu 550163, România
Open
Located between the two most important city squares, more precisely at the northeastern corner of the Great Square, the Council Tower has always been the distinctive symbol of Sibiu. The name of the tower comes from its defense function, which was to protect the entrance gate of the second enclosure, built in the immediate vicinity of the building that housed the city hall of Sibiu. The tower was mentioned in a document from 1324. Being part of the second ring of defense, it collapsed partially in 1585, following an earthquake. Today, the ground floor and the first two levels belong to the original construction built in the 13th century.
In 1588, the tower was rebuilt with the help of the city’s citizens. In 1720, the magistrate ordered the watchmen to beat their drums every half an hour, to match the clock’s bell. The roof changed its appearance over time, from a short, pyramidal one to the tall octagonal pyramid, flanked by four turrets that served as a display of the city's right of judgement.
The current shape of the tower dates from the rebuilding works carried out between 1824 and 1826. After climbing the stairs to the top, the Council Tower offers a wonderful view of the entire city. To the north is the Cibin River, and the Tower of the Evangelical Parish Church looming over the upper city.
Piața Mică 1, Sibiu 550182, Romania
The Goldsmiths Gangway starts under the tower of the house in the Small Square, at no. 24, located in the Upper Town, descending in steps towards the Goldsmiths Square, located in the Lower Town.
The name of the gangway is explained by the fact that the goldsmiths used to have their shops in this area. Having preserved its medieval aspect since 1567, the picturesque Goldsmiths Gangway can be considered one of the most romantic places in Sibiu.
At the upper end of the gangway there is a defensive tower on the precincts of two fortifications of Sibiu – the Tower of the Goldsmiths Gate – preserved since the 13th century.
Piaţa Mică, Sibiu, România
The Stairs Gangway is one of the places in Sibiu with the best preserved medieval air. Some historians assume that the Stairs Gangway was allegedly built around the 13th century, but most of the specialists are of the opinion that only at the beginning of the 14th century Mayor Markus Pempfflinger required the construction of the gangway.
Also known as the “Wall with needles”, the Stairs Gangway was built of stone and brick, connecting the Upper Town with the Lower Town via two lines of stairs and arcades that surrounded the walls of the citadel around the Evangelical Church.
The Gangway ends in the upper part, at the crossing with Odobescu Street, with the Gate Tower and with the Old City Hall, today the History Museum within the Brukenthal National Museum.
The building situated on the Southern side of the Stars Gangway houses the oldest restaurant of Romania, where – it is told that – even Michael the Brave dined after the battle of Șelimbăr.
In order to arrive at the Stairs Gangway one must pass beneath the arch of the Stairs Tower.
Pasajul Scărilor, Sibiu, România
Alipită Bisericii Romano-Catolice Iezuite „Sf. Maria” (1726-1733) clădirea face parte din complexul eclezial ridicat în 1739 pe locul unor clădiri publice demolate, mai puţin subsolurile în care sunt prezente elementele specifice construcţiilor Sibiului gotic. De asemenea, corpul din dreapta din Piaţa Mare păstrează şi parterul vechii clădiri din sec. XV. Clădirea a fost destinată locuirii preoţilor bisericii şi Colegiului Iezuit. Întregul complex a fost edificat în spiritul contrareformei promovate de Casa Habsburg ca suverani ai Imperiului şi principi ai Transilvaniei într-un oraş profund protestant. Ansamblul arhitectonic – biserica, colegiu - este ilustrativ ca citat cultural specific expresiei iluminismului vienez.
Piața Mare 2, Sibiu, Romania
Încă din secolul al XV-lea în această casă a funcţionat monetăria Sibiului, a aparţinut iniţial unor bancheri florentini, apoi patricianului Georg Hecht, primar al Sibiului (1493) proprietatea trecând în stăpânirei familiei Wayda timp de 237 de ani când a fost vândută cu 20.000 de guldeni „Universităţii Săseşti”(1821). Construcţia iniţială este edificată în secolul XIV şi modificată în secolul XV, substanţa murală păstrează elemente ale goticului târziu la toate nivelele, bolţi cu nervuri, profilatură, portaluri gotice. Actualul aspect al faţadei a rezultat printr-o „modernizare” din secolul XIX care a modificat complet faţada proprie stilului Renaşterii al faţadei originare. Casa rămâne reprezentativă prin numeroasele elemente gotice şi de renaştere conţinute în interior.
Piața Mare 8, Sibiu, Romania
Open
Traseu: Muzeul în aer liber ASTRA (Sibiu) - Rășinari - Muzeul în aer liber ASTRA - Sibiu
Din 11 octombrie 2014, iubitorii de mişcare în aer liber şi de plimbare cu bicicleta, beneficiază de o pistă de agrement destinată strict acestui scop.
Pista care începe în Dumbrava Sibiului (zona Grădinii zoologice) măsoară în totalitate 10.623 metri, fiind structurată pe 3 tronsoane distincte şi este cotată ca grad de dificultate UŞOR.
Tronsonul 1: în lungime de 4860 metri, asfaltat integral, se derulează între Dumbrava şi Tropinii Noi, fiind accesibilă tuturor categoriilor de biciclete.
Tronsonul 2: în lungime de 4455 metri, care şerpuieşte efectiv prin Pădurea Dumbrava, este alcătuit dintr-o structură stabilizată, accesibilă mai ales bicicletelor de trekking şi mountain bike.
Tronsonul 3: care se desfăşoară între Staţia de tratare a apei şi intrarea în Sibiu (Calea Poplăcii) şi flanchează lateralele DJ 106R, măsoară 1308 metri, asfaltaţi integral, fiind accesibil tuturor categoriilor de biciclete.
Fiind vorba de o pistă de agrement, viteza de deplasare recomandată este de 10 - 15 km/oră. De asemenea, în scopul evitării accidentărilor este interzis accesul cu mopede, motociclete sau cu oricare alt tip de vehicule şi atelaje.
Lungime: 10,6 km
Grad de dificultate: ușor
Sezonalitate: Accesibil în toate sezoanele.
SURSA text si poze: http://www.sibiu-turism.ro/Ce-facem-Activitati--Trasee-de-bicicleta-Pista-de-biciclete-Sibiu-Rasinari.aspx
Punct de plecare: Muzeul în aer liber ASTRA, Sibiu